Be a Better Leader NOW!
Based on the highly acclaimed book by the same title
Dramatically increase your leadership effectiveness! In this session I unlock the keys to true leadership and teach skills that can be implemented immediately. These are real-world practical skills that will turn good managers in to great leaders and help great leaders become exceptional. This program is based on my latest book Be a Better Leader NOW!
Using examples from real life, I combine the elements below into a customized program that will fit your needs and format.This session is dynamic, engaging and memorable. Attendees leave the program with real skills they can implement immediately and experience a dramatic improvement of leadership effectiveness.
- The Trust Advantage: Without trust, teams and employees work out of duty and likely do it with resentment. Trust gives an advantage personally, professionally, organizationally, and financially. In this section I introduce the T.R.U.S.T. formula to build and maintain a high degree of trust.
- The Optimist’s Advantage: Optimism is a skill that can be learned and taught. As you become more optimistic from a foundation of trust, your team will be more willing to donate their discretionary effort and follow you. Optimists have an advantage: they make more money, close more deals, enjoy better health, and have better relationships.
- It’s All About the WHO: People are the key to your success as a leader. You become a better leader by realizing that numbers, metrics, and data are important but mean nothing without the people who actually do the work.
- The Art of Appreciation: In this section I outline the difference between praise and appreciation and teach how to learn the art of appreciation.
- Context, Context, Context: Context helps your employees recognize their purpose and the meaning of their job. When an employee has purpose and knows the meaning and the context of what they are doing and why, they are even more willing to donate their discretionary effort
- The Art of Disclaimers: Learning to disclaim motive, intention, objective, and mood will strengthen all relationships, build greater trust, and helps people feel they are important. Using disclaimers builds trust, supports your ability to appreciate, and focuses on the people instead of the facts.
- Authentic Curiosity: Being curious is a skill of great leaders; they know what questions to ask and how to ask them in a way that gets people to open up and comfortably say more than they intended to say.
- Confident Humility: No one likes working for an arrogant boss. Arrogance is a trust-killer and minimizes all of the skills presented in this program. Being confidently humble does not mean you are weak or demure. It is about being more interested in others than in yourself and giving credit where credit is due.
- Discipline and Deferred Gratification: A lack of discipline is a trust-killer, destroys optimism, and reduces the impact of praise and appreciation. Self-discipline does not mean that you analyze everything to the nth degree and become ultra-conservative. Overdoing self-discipline can lead to micromanagement of self that will bleed over into how you manage others.
- The Art of Macro-Management: Macro-management is the antidote of micro-management and is the final stop along the roadmap of becoming a better leader is to learn the Art of Macro-Management.
- √ I’ve logged more than 6000 hours coaching hundreds of managers and executives helping them become great leaders
- √ The skills presented represent the most effective skills used in my coaching practice over the past 25 years.
- √ I am a world renowned expert in leadership and personal development
- √ Bestselling author of three books
- √ I have lead and managed leadership development programs for several companies including Destination Hotels, Sanofi, SAP, Fidelity, and Bank of America
- √ I have delivered more than 4000 presentations to more than 43,000 individuals.
- √ My work was praised by Stephen R. Covey as ‘edifying and inspiring” and covered in national newspaper and media.
Anyone and any audience that aspires to be a great leader. This includes individual contributors, team leaders, managers and executives. This program has been effective for companies from almost all industries.
This presentation can be delivered as a keynote, workshop, half-day or full-day seminar. Keynotes can range from 60 to 90 minutes, depending on your needs.
- √ Attendees learn key skills they can implement immediately
- √ Leadership effectiveness will dramatically improve
- √ Employee engagement and satisfaction will increase
- √ Attendees will get more done with less effort