Commit to your Goals!
Setting the right goals for the right reasons and how to stay motivated to achieve them
Goals are an important part of life personally and professionally. In many cases not achieving a goal has more to do with the goal itself than one’s ability to reach the goal.
In this program I cover the 5 ‘right’ reasons for setting goals and compare them to the 5 ‘wrong’ reasons, and 10 ways to stay motivated to achieve them. Whether one is setting goals for the workplace, or for personal development, the content of this program delivers great tactics for ensuring success.
If you want an actionable, highly inspirational, and effective program that delivers real life skills to be implemented immediately, then “Committing to your Goals” is for you.
Drawing upon real-world experience and examples I will customize a program to fit your needs and format. Here is the step-by-step approach learning how to set and achieve goals.
Set the right goals for the right reasons: In this section I share 5 ‘right’ reasons for setting a goal compared to 5 ‘wrong’ reasons. The right reasons are:
Intrinsic: Goals you pursue because they are inherently satisfying and personally meaningful.
Authentic: Goals that help you feel authentic while you are pursuing the goal.
Pursuit: It is easier to reach a goal that propels you to a positive outcome versus a negative outcome.
Harmonious: Goals should not conflict – goals need to be harmonious with each other so they can be accomplished without contention or conflict.
Activity Based: Goals that include new experiences, new opportunities or new challenges are easier to reach.
10 ways to stay motivated to achieve your goals:
- Expect resistance – learn how to deal with resistance to your goals
- Learn to incent yourself – learn to self-motivate
- Experientialize accomplishing the goal
- Overcome the ‘boredom’ factor
- Create sub-goals that lead to the main goal
- Celebrate your accomplishments
- Share your goals with others
- Commit with passion – own your goals
- Develop greater self-discipline by practicing on ‘silly’ goals
- Learn how use failure to propel you toward your goals
This session is dynamic, engaging and memorable. Attendees leave the program with real skills they can implement immediately and experience a dramatic increase in their ability to make and keep goals.
- √ I have been helping people set the right goals and achieve success for more than 25 years.
- √ I have presented the Commit to your Goals more than 200 times at companies like Destination Hotels, IHG Hotels, Dignity Health, Option One Nutrition, SAP and Hewlett Packard
- √ I am a world renowned expert in leadership and personal development
- √ Bestselling author of three books.
- √ I have delivered more than 4000 presentations to more than 43,000 individuals.
- √ My work was praised by Stephen R. Covey, author of Seven Habits of Highly Effective People as ‘edifying and inspiring” and covered in national newspaper and media.
Any organization or group that wants to improve goal setting and achieving goals.
This presentation can be delivered as a keynote-type presentation or 90-minute workshop depending on your needs. This program is often combined with other programs to create a full or half-day program.
√ Learn a successful approach to setting goals
√ Learn 10 ways to stay motivated to achieve your goals
√ Increased success and increased self-confidence
√ Better teamwork and collaboration
√ Less contention and conflict